Mystery Sea Creature Photographed?


Today I've seen this mysterious picture on three sites. I first saw it on Cryptomundo this morning (see: Corfu Cryptid.) Later I also saw it on Mysterious Universe (see: Crocodile-Hippo and Crocodile-Buffalo Puzzle Many), and also on the Daily Mail, where it was originally posted.

The Daily Mail article is titled "Mystery of the deep: Tourist baffled by bizarre SEA MONSTER captured on camera in Corfu." Here's how it starts:

"There is no question that the sea holds mysteries and inhabitants beyond our imagination, that we are yet to encounter.
"But a Scottish tourist was left in shock after unwittingly capturing the image of a bizarre sea creature in his holiday snaps.
"Harvey Robertson, 52, was on a boat cruise with his family in Corfu when he took a number of photographs inside a sea cave.
"He held the camera over the side of the boat to take pictures of the sea.
"But when he lifted his camera back up, Robertson later realized a mysterious creature had appeared in one of the frames."

The article goes on to quote Robertson,  who said:

"I have no idea what it could have been, I have never seen anything like it. I caught the picture by accident. I was in a sea cave on a small boat about 20 miles south of Albania on the west coast of Greece."

He claims he was trying to "capture the water color and was not looking at the water" when he took the picture.

I have to admit that I also have no clue what is in the photo. But, to me, it does somewhat look like something that's just, well, fake. I don't know if it's just me, but it almost looks like the thing's made out of plastic. It also kind of resembles a dolphin of some sort. Robertson's story is strange, too. He claims he was on a boat, in a cave, with his family and wanted to take pictures of the water, but apparently didn't look at the water (or his camera!) when he took said photos. And then, you get the mysterious sea monster. And of course, he has no idea where it came from or what it was.

There tends to be a good number of supposed cryptid photos on the Daily Mail webtsite, like the photo of a "fairy" (that is obviously fake) from June, and a video of a supposed live pterosaur (that is also fake, and it's painfully obvious.)

This photo, though, for me, at least, is a little harder to explain. What do you think it is? A hoax? A dolphin of some sort? Or is it a real unknown sea creature?

Comments