TCZ Creature Feature: “America’s Loch Ness Monster” (2003)

This is an older documentary on Champ, the supposed monster of Lake Champlain. It is called America's Loch Ness Monster, since that is what Champ is commonly called.

This has always been one of my favorite cryptid documentaries. Part of that is probably due to the nostalgia factor since this is the first documentary on Champ that I ever saw; in fact, it was the first time I ever heard of the legend of Champ. In the clip below it appears as an episode of Wild Discovery, though every time I saw it (on Planet Green, now Destination America), it had a different title sequence and didn't appear to be part of any series. On the TV it always says it was produced in 2003. If anyone knows anymore about this, if it was part of a series, please let me know in the comments.

The documentary follows several investigators and we get to hear about their experiences and theories about the monster. Several skeptical investigators and featured as well and I think that makes a good balance. We also get to hear what the people who live around the lake think about Champ.

Check out the show below:


Comments