Phantom Hands and Train Tracks...

The other day I had a post on here about a woman who was recently killed on the Pope Lick Trestle in Kentucky. Some people say that a Goatman lives under the bridge and lures people onto it and to their deaths.

A commenter mentioned an urban legend in Kentucky about phantom hands that hold lanterns and lure people onto train tracks, to their deaths.

That legend and that of the Goatman luring people onto the tracks sound quite similar.

I've done some searching and have found a legend about a man killed in a train tunnel in Kentucky in the 1930s, and whose ghost is sometimes seen carrying a lantern.

I know I've heard other legends similar to this, and I'm going to do some searching through some of my many books on cryptozoology/paranormal subjects to find some more info.

What interests me is that there could be a legend about phantom hands and a legend of a Goatman leading people to their deaths on train tracks in Kentucky, and could the two be related in some way (could the "Goatman" legend be the same as the phantom hands, but over the years the hands and lantern have become a Goatman?)

If anyone reading this knows anything about legends of phantom hands and lanterns on Kentucky railroads (or states around Kentucky as well), please comment and let me know about it.


Comments