15th Annual Mothman Festival

Took a trip down to the 15th annual Mothman Festival in Pt. Pleasant, West Virginia today. It was the first time I've gotten to go to this event, and I had a blast.
Silver Bridge Memorial

The AIMS team from Mountain Monsters was there, but since the line for them literally went down the whole street, we didn't go see them. I did, however, get a photo when they went by at the beginning of the festival.
Willie, Trapper, and Jeff.
The others were behind them

There were lots of vendors and speakers at the event, and I got to see plenty of people I'd met before at other events. I also met Colin Schneider, who runs the Paranormal101 blog (definitely check it out), Ken Gerhard, Robert Robinson, and Stan Gordon.
With Colin Schneider
With Nick Redfern & Colin
With Nick Redfern
With Robert Robinson
With Ken Gerhard
With Loren Coleman

Of course, I got a picture by the Mothman statue…

And, had an encounter with the Men in Black! (Not the real ones, though!)

And in front of the "Mothman Diner" (Harris Steakhouse).

We also went on a tour of the TNT Area, and drove down the road where Roger and Linda Scarberry and Steve and Mary Mallette were chased by the Mothman 50 years ago…
In front of one of the TNT igloos...
Inside

There were plenty of speakers, but the only one I watched was Joedy Cook, who gave a cool presentation on Dogman sightings. I was planning on watching more speakers, but it was hot as heck in the old theater where they were, so I decided to walk around the town more. It was hot outside too, but felt better than in the theater!

The Ghostbusters were there…


And, on the way home, we happened to see this at a rest stop.

This was one of the coolest cryptid events I've been to. If you are interested in this kind of stuff, definitely try to go to it sometime!

Comments