Beasts of the Lone Star State - A Review of "Monsters of Texas"

Nick Redfern and Ken Gerhard are two of my favorite authors. So, it probably wouldn't be a surprise that I have a book written by both of them - Monsters of Texas. Published by CFZ in 2010, it is all about the many cryptids that have been reported in the Lone Star State.

Recently I finally got around to reading the book, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Gerhard and Redfern discuss accounts of sightings of Bigfoot, thunderbirds, possible living dinosaurs, werewolves, goatmen, chupacabras, out-of-place animals, aquatic monsters, and much, much more.

Each chapter is written by one of the authors, with 7 by Gerhard and 5 by Redfern. Overall, it makes for a very interesting book, and one which I should have read a long time ago. If you are interested in cryptozoology, you should definitely check it out. You'll be surprised at how many monsters are said to live in Texas.

You can get Monsters of Texas here. 


Comments