Nov. 30 Synchronicity

Synchronicity, by definition, is "events that occur with no casual relationship, yet seem to be meaningfully related" and was first explained by a psychiatrist named Carl Gustav Jung.
Carl Gustav Jung

Today, November 30th, is Remembrance Day for Lost Species. I did not know that until I saw it on David Weatherly's blog about ten minutes ago. Why I am surprised by the day it happens to be today? It's because earlier this afternoon I posted a piece on this blog about three animals - the dodo, moa, and thylacine - which are though by some to still be alive (hence they are cryptids) although science says they are officially extinct.

I first got the idea for that post a long time ago, and for some reason decided to finish it and publish it today, on Remembrance Day for Lost Species, which, like I already said, I didn't know was today until I saw it on David Weatherly's blog after I wrote my post on some lost animals. And I would never have known the significance of today if I hand't started following Weatherly's blog yesterday.

This is not the first time something like this has happened to me concerning cryptozoology.

Earlier in the year, when I was reading Nick Redfern's book Chupacabra Road Trip, I finished the chapter on the mysterious killings of some peacocks. Right after I finished the chapter, I checked Blogger and saw that Nick had a new post on that very same subject on his blog that had been posted only about 1 minute before.

And, about a week ago I had a post on here about phantom clowns. The next day I happened to see that that same night, Loren Coleman had a post on his blog about the same thing. In my post, I also included a picture of the ghost clown from Scooby Doo! Where Are You? at the end, just for something funny. The next day, while randomly flipping through TV channels, I saw that episode of Scooby Doo! on.

When you research things that are strange and unknown, this stuff happens!

And, lets hope we can stop killing all of the amazing animals we share the planet with….


Comments