Transformers Devastation

If you're someone who knows me, you'll know that I like Transformers as much as I like cryptozoology. If you don't know me, you know that now.

The reason I have a post about it is because Transformers: Devastation comes out tomorrow. It's a game, but unlike the other most recent games, it has nothing to do with a movie. It's all Generation 1 - which, for those who don't know, means it's the original Transformers that came out in 1984. And for those who do know, that means it's the coolest Transformers there are.

The game is developed by Platinum Games, and you can be five Autobots - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and the Dinobot Grimlock, four of which happen to be four of my favorite Transformers. The only thing better would be if Jazz was there.





Some of the Decepticons in the game are also some favorites - Megatron, Starscream, Blitzwing, Motomaster, Soundwave, Shockwave, and the Insecticons. There are also combiners like Devastator and Menasor.




The character animation style even looks like it comes right from Transformers: The Movie from 1986!

And, to top things off, most of the original voice actors for the characters who are still alive are returning to voice the characters again. This includes Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), Gregg Berger (Grimlock), etc. Even those not voiced by the original actors (sadly those who have passed away) are pretty dang close.

I don't know about you, but I'm super excited for this game!


You can get Transformers: Devastation here.

Comments