Has Anyone Ever Found a Nessie Carcass?

One question skeptics always ask regarding Loch Ness Monsters, Bigfoot, etc is "Why don't we have a body?" This post is about that question and the Loch Ness Monsters.

There have been lots of "sea serpent carcasses" discovered around the world for hundreds of years, although many have turned out to be whales and the like. I covered one that was found earlier this year on this blog, and you can see that post here.

One thing you don't hear much about is carcasses of lake monsters, because no one ever finds them, and that is one thing skeptics will use to say they aren't real. But, as an example as to why there could be lake monsters, but no lake monster carcasses, I quote part of Jeanne Bendick's 1976 book The Mystery of the Loch Ness Monster, (which just happens to be the first book on any cryptozoological subject that I ever read):

"Nobody knows how deep the silt is at the bottom of the loch. Could bones sink deep into it?"

That quote goes with a picture showing what the bottom of Loch Ness would be like (and showing how steep the sides of it are.)
1st cryptozoology book I ever read, and the
first in my collection which is (currently!) at 149.
It will always be special to me.

The real reason I'm writing this post, however, is because of this picture.



The picture is in a 2007 National Geographic book called Sea Monsters: Prehistoric Creatures of the Deep by Mike Everhart. It is not on sea monsters as cryptids, but is about prehistoric animals that lived during the age of the dinosaurs. Obviously because of the "Loch Ness Monster is a plesiosaur" theory, it has a few pages on Nessie.

On one of those pages are three pictures - the Surgeon's Photograph, shots from a 1983 video, and the picture that I have here. The caption with the picture says "A mysterious carcass washed ashore at Loch Ness."

That is the only place I have ever seen that picture and that is all the information I have ever heard about it.

Now, I ask you, the reader - have you ever seen this photograph anywhere? Do you know anything about it? Was it really found at Loch Ness, and, if it was, why isn't there anything about it in any other books? If you know the answers to any of these questions, please comment and let me know! Maybe you can help me solve a mystery!

Comments