Book Review: Champ Quest 2000 by Dennis Jay Hall

Today, I finished Dennis Jay Hall's Champ Quest: The Ultimate Search: 2000: Field Guide and Almanac for Lake Champlain. This book is old and rare and I'm glad I finally got a copy of it. I remember first seeing Hall and this book on the 2003 documentary America's Loch Ness Monster a few years ago. Some of you may have seen my recent post about Hall and his Champ research - if not, you can look at it here.
My copy  of Champ Quest 2000 and
In Search of Lake Monsters (2015 edition)

Hall founded his now-defunct group Champ Quest in 1992. In 2000, when he published the book, he had spotted Champ creatures twenty times. In the book he talks about some of those encounters and shows pictures and still from videos he has taken. One of those videos can be seen on America's Loch Ness Monster and some can be seen on YouTube now. He also includes recent sightings(1997-1999) which you don't find in other Champ books and some old accounts from the 1800s. There is also a chapter on zebra mussels and how they are affecting Lake Champlain and other U.S. lakes, and how you can help stop them.

Hall believes the Champ creatures are related to the Tanystropheus, a bizarre reptile that lived 230 million years ago. He even came up with a name for the Champ creatures - Champtanystropheus. Tanystropheus is also high on my list of candidates for what Champ is.
Champtanystropheus on America's Loch Ness Monster(2003)

This is one of the three books I have fully on Champ, and it was very good. I feel lucky to have it, too. For a long time there were none on Amazon(where you can find everything) and now there are none available. I definitely recommend it to any cryptozoologist or Champ fan if you can get you hands on a copy.

My next book review will be Do Abominable Snowmen of America Really Exist? by Roger Patterson.