More on Cryptid U.S.

A while ago, I wrote a post about a book I am working on called Cryptid U.S. That post also made its way over to Bigfoot Evidence. This post will be about the same topic, Cryptid U.S., but with an update.

Since writing that post, I have finished another chapter in the book. So far, I have the ones about Bigfoot, Lake monsters, and flying things done. I am currently working on the chapter about werewolves, and after that will be everything else that doesn't really fit in a category and creatures seen all over the USA, even though they aren't supposed to live here, like kangaroos.


Cryptozoologist Scott Norman(March 15, 1964-February 29, 2008) saw a living pterosaur on the night between July 18 and 19, 2007. He saw a huge creature fly over a shed, somewhere in the United States. He saw it between 1:30 and 2:30 a.m.. This is his encounter:

“I was sitting in a chair, when this animal came flying over the shed and into the field and I almost lost it. The animal I saw had a 8 to 10 foot wingspan, the wings were batlike, and the inside had a wavy type of look. The body was 5-6 feet in length, the neck was 1-2 feet, the head was about 4 feet long. There was a crest on the head about 2 feet in length, like that of a pteranodon. I don’t know how else to describe it.

Our contact had a sighting similar to that three years ago in the daylight. He saw a long tail, I did not see one, and all the Pteranodon
pictures I’ve seen show a short stubby tail. The animal I saw was stockier compared to pterosaur drawings I’ve seen.

I only saw the silhouette of the animal and didn’t get to see any real details. It was only 20 feet away from me, our contact said the shed was 18 feet high, and it was flying probably 2 feet above that. The animal was gliding and made no sound. It headed towards a nearby pasture. I shone my flashlight in that direction, but did not see the animal, so it must have kept flying.”




Two people driving to West Virginia from Marietta, Ohio, on December 11, 2003, saw a strange creature off the side of the highway, looking away from them. They said the animal looked “Like a cross between a deer and a bear.” It stood about six and a half feet tall and had very long, extremely thin legs that almost looked unstable holding up its huge body. Its torso, neck and head were covered in long black fur, but the legs were not. The witnesses could not see its feet because it was standing in two inch tall grass. The creature turned and looked at them before they drove off. It had large, red eyes and a muzzle/snout that was long and slender, with a nose almost like a cat’s. They didn’t see any ears.(Source: Joedy Cook. HC addendum source Cryptozoology.com, sightings.)

Comments